- 1. Create →
- 2. Preview →
- 3. Publish
- Berlin, Stuttgart or remote -
Attention ROR-lovers! At virtualQ you get the chance to start your career as part of an innovative, growing tech startup and work on a novel, awarded product with top-notch technology and software management tools. We have a German-American background and like the concept of simplicity, design and flat hierarchy. You have the chance to work in an awesome team atmosphere with lots for individual liberties. Do you want to change the way in which people wait on hold in Customer Service telephone lines with us? Do you want to learn from talented, experienced developers? Are you interested in getting into topics like Machine Learning and Voice Automation? Then you should take your chance and join us as a Backend Developer!
IN A NUTSHELL – WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
virtualQ provides a novel cloud-solution that waits on hold during longer waiting times for callers of Customer Service Centers. Callers can spend their time productively until virtualQ alerts them to call back when it is their turn. Moreover, the smart voice assistant of virtualQ provides answers to frequently asked questions. Thereby, the virtualQ enterprise software creates an unique customer experience, which is currently turning the service industry upside down. On the company´s side the smart virtualQ algorithms enable Customer Service Centers to manage their incoming calls automatically and more efficiently. Well-known companies like Lufthansa Albatros, the German insurances HanseMerkur and Gothar and the Austrian railway provider Österreichische Bundesbahn are already working with our software successfully. Several national and international institutions awarded the innovative cloud-products of virtualQ and the company is backed by an institutional investment fund.
WITH THESE ACTIVITIES YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT IMPACT ON OUR BUSINESS
- Work closely with our CTO and shape our product
- Design Software and Architecture for our Ruby on Rails Backend, using the latest technologies
- Design Voice and Audio Applications / Machine Learning Algorithms and Interfaces, that will shape the future of virtualQ
- Work with a team of great Front and Backend developers and benefit from the knowledge of our experienced Senior Developers
- Support DevOps of Amazon AWS hosted Servers, Heroku etc.
- Develop Monitoring, Uptime and Security Strategies
WITH THESE SKILLS YOU WILL BE OUR PERFECT CANDIDATE
- You have got a technical education / background
- You are keen on starting your career as a Backend Developer in an innovative and vibrant tech environment
- You know Ruby on Rails by heart
- You are familiar with AWS
- You speak German OR English fluently (native or 2nd language)
- You do not take things for granted, instead you question the status quo
NICE TO HAVE
- You have worked with some of the following systems / languages:
- Chef or Puppet
- Containers / Docker
- Linux Servers / Web Servers
- Open Source Databases
- Machine Learning
WE HAVE GOT A LOT TO OFFER
- A fair salary – we might be a startup, but we pay like a company
- Results Only Work Environment – we do not care when and where you work, we care about your work results. Therefore, we do not count working hours or holidays. Home Office Days are part of our company culture
- Plenty of freedom and opportunities to grow in a young company, which is currently turning the Service Center market upside down
- Workshops? Seminars? BarCamps? Tell us what you need to develop your skills and we will make it happen
- An awesome, international, open minded team
YOUR DREAMJOB MIGHT BE JUST A CLICK AWAY. SO APPLY NOW!
Your contact person: Anika
Find out more about virtualQ as an employer: https://virtualq.io/karriere/
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Head of Marketing & HR