Senior Backend Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
We're looking for a seasoned Software Engineer to lead the design and development of our back end software, services, and architecture. We’re excited to work with a respectful and collaborative engineer who thrives wearing many hats. While this position will be located in our San Francisco headquarters, the ideal candidate will be able to function effortlessly within a distributed team.
In this role, you’ll find yourself:
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle while also contributing feedback and ideas during product development
- Working with engineering and product to increase velocity while constantly striving to improve our internal processes and procedures
- Fixing bugs and improving application performance
Skills & requirements
- You're an experienced Rails engineer who enjoys designing and building RESTful APIs.
- You have deep knowledge and experience with data architecture and are comfortable writing raw SQL when necessary.
- You pride yourself on writing elegant code and are a fan of unit testing.
- You're comfortable working within the Amazon ecosystem (EC2, RDS, and S3).
- You're self motivated, enjoy autonomy, and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You’re communicative and understand how your role impacts and intersects with the larger product and development teams.
- You want to help. Help build our company culture. Help a non-technical co-worker understand a complex issue. Help a fellow developer work through a problem. Help our customers do their jobs better.
Who We Are
We are a mission-driven company, working hard to empower community impact organizations to measure success, make informed decisions, and effectively tell their story. We partner with afterschool programs, schools and school networks, impact programs, and foundations serving participants all over the world. We believe in the transformative power of these impact organizations; our vision is to close the opportunity gap by matching capital to quality programs.
What We Build
Our partners rely on our solutions every day. UpActive is our activity management tool used by hundreds of thousands of staff, participants, and parents to schedule events, send messages, and track attendance. Data collected with UpActive can be integrated in UpMetrics, our premium analytics platform. With UpMetrics, administrators can use data to measure impact, build capacity, and increase access to funding.Apply now
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Developer TractionSan Francisco, CA, USJuly 21
San Francisco, CA, USJuly 12
Full Stack Software Engineer -- Revolutionary E-Commerce Brandless, IncSan Francisco, CA, USJuly 03
Senior Back End Engineer ValimailSan Francisco, CA, USJune 09
Senior Full-Stack Engineer ValimailSan Francisco, CA, USJune 09