Full-Stack Software Engineer
Collage believes in empowering people to do their best work. We achieve this by reimagining the way businesses manage HR, payroll, and benefits. Our revolutionary platform automates HR administration to allow businesses to focus on doing meaningful work – not the tedious, boring stuff.
We also believe in empowering our own people to do their best work by creating a supportive work environment and giving our team the right resources to thrive. As a VC-backed startup, we are looking to make hires in key functional areas to make meaningful contributions in an early-stage company on a high-growth trajectory.
Learn more about us at collage.co.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily.
- Actively participate in code reviews and design planning.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Translate UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integrate the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
Skills & Requirements
- Solid knowledge in software engineering, including architecture and algorithms.
- Ability to write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Ability to program in a variety of languages & frameworks (we use ruby on rails & reactjs)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Data migration, transformation, and scriptingManagement of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Proficient understanding of Git