Senior Web Applications Engineer (Rails+)
This job offer is expired
As a Senior full-stack engineer at Sharethrough you’ll build out our native monetization software suite used by top publishers to connect with brands on the open web, powering critical revenue behind companies like Disney, CNN, VICE, and CBSi. We believe that advertising can be better and you'll help make that happen. You'll be a key contributor to our AngularJS/Rails-based server side platform and multiple backend integrations that interface with systems varying from ad serving to data warehousing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Having a say: You’ll participate in the problem definition and solution process with a diverse group of engineers, designers and business owners from around the company.
- Proper engineering: Writing Rails and AngularJS that is performant, well-tested, and easy to maintain.
- Technical heavy lifting: You’ll architect and implement major components of an ambitious technical roadmap.
- Deploying code on your first day: We push to production on every commit via our continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
Let's Talk If
- You’ve shipped software: You have production experience with a nice bit of our stack: Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, CoffeeScript, AngularJS, etc. and for the parts you don’t, you’re excited to learn.
- You care about code: You take pride in development, and have a deep understanding of how to write high quality, maintainable, extensible software.
- You want to derive meaning from what you do: Every engineer here is excited to understand what problem they’re solving, why they’re solving it and who they’re solving it for.
Why You'll Love Working at Sharethrough
- Values-driven culture: You’d be walking into a welcoming and diverse environment that is built around action, optimism, purpose and transparency. We have a fun, supportive culture, and firmly believe in what we’re doing.
- Marry the problem, not the solution: We’re constantly re-evaluating our technical infrastructure to deliver faster, better, and more reliable software.
- Twenty percent time: One day a week you’ll have the opportunity to dig deeper and explore new technologies, frameworks, etc. This is time set aside for you and the team as an investment in you, and you’ll have the chance to exchange learnings with your team.