Full Stack Software Developer
We're hiring experienced Software Developers to multiple development teams.We seek out versatile engineers who can ship highly scalable web applications in multiple technology stacks. You'll be responsible for developing a data intensive, highly available web application running on a microservices architecture.You'll work in a highly autonomous self-organizing development team that owns its roadmap, and chooses its own technologies. You’ll develop the product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the end users—the largest online marketers globally.Learn more about what it's like to work with us at smartly.io/developer and smartly.io/blog/how-engineers-work-at-smartlyioTechnologies we work with:Frontend: React, Redux, Flow, Typescript, AngularBackend: Ruby, Node.js, Typescript, Python, PHPMongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, CassandraDocker, Ansible, KubernetesWhat you'll need:
- 4+ years of experience as a professional software developer.
- Ability to write maintainable and testable code, while navigating both functional programming and object-oriented programming patterns.
- Knowledge on how the web works and are familiar with REST API design, HTTP fundamentals, web frontends and security practices.
- Care for how software is developed in teams and are always looking to improve.
- Drive to continuously learn new things by reading, building hobby projects or testing new technologies on the job. You should also enjoy teaching others around you.
- A pragmatic mindset. We’re working on an existing system, and our customers’ business depends on it.
Bonus points, if you have any of the following:
- Experience working with techs within our stack or similar, and component-based frontend architectures with React+Redux.
- An eye for user interfaces and design.
- Solid experience in SQL, building complex queries and procedures.
- Experience working with highly scalable distributed systems, consisting of multiple microservices, deployed to hundreds of nodes.
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Paid parental leave.
- Wellness and personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.) reimbursement.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a self-organizing team.
- Opportunity to travel to meet customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world via our Developer Rotation program.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.
What to expect from our recruitment processWe're growing fast and hiring for a variety of profiles. We’re looking for T-shaped people, who have a good command of the basics, and be specialized in anything from databases to domain expertise, UX, agile process understanding, and so on. Our development teams have different needs, and we believe the best way to find a perfect match is through a conversation with you.
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
- Technical interview: we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
- Meet your future team to learn what they are working with. After that the final interview with our VP of Engineering and your team lead.