Senior/Lead Ruby on Rails Developer
We are seeking a bright, thoughtful, experienced Senior/Lead Ruby on Rails Developer who wants to solve the challenging problems of scaling technology to improve healthcare for millions of patients.
Since CipherHealth’s founding in 2009, we have grown to support hundreds of hospitals across the US with a singular mission: save and improve life. We're fortunate to live in a time where incentives are becoming better aligned. Healthcare providers care more and more about longer term patient-outcomes, and we have a portfolio of solutions that meet a lot of their needs. CipherHealth's platform includes three core components, each of which supports several modules. It's big. It's complicated. It's awesome. And most importantly, it works. Our technology helps people avoid hospital admissions, streamlines workflow and improves medication adherence. We have tons of case studies to back this up.
We are building a company where you, the intrepid job seeker, can hopefully find an alignment in purpose, career growth and community. Your work here will matter. It will help save lives.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Optimizing our high-throughput systems for performance and scalability
- Refactoring and improving our code base for sustainability
- Developing features that touch millions of patient lives
- Sharing things you learn (or learned somewhere else) with the team so we continue to improve
- Reviewing code and providing feedback to other devs
What We’re Looking For
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of foundational computer science concepts and constraints. Master’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn Ruby on Rails. Note that some of our strongest developers came to CipherHealth without RoR experience.
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn MongoDB
- 5+ years working in complex environments and large project teams, ideally with 3+ years at a single company