Backend Engineer - Driver Experience
This job offer is expired
*** Heetch offers remote first positions for its Technical team which means you can be based in Paris or anywhere else you want in Europe like 90% of our tech team.
We are still a young structure and we are not ready to work with people outside EU for timezone considerations but will keep you posted on that ;)***
DRIVER EXPERIENCE TEAM @HEETCH
The top priority of our user-driven team is the happiness of our drivers. From the moment they decide to join us until they enter our marketplace, drivers will be using our products. And our mission is to make sure they get the stellar experience they deserve.
Given our very large business scope(drivers acquisition, retention and well-being), our team is working side by side with frontend, mobile, product and design teams, allowing us to build features that will empower drivers with new ways to drive and earn.
From the inside, we’re a caring full-stack team of engineers(IOS, Android, Frontend, Backend, QA) who share the same values:
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
• Team Unity : No one is left behind.
• Move Fast : No need to demonstrate for day, just do it.
• Knowledge Sharing : Whether it's organizational, cultural or tech, we're eager to learn!
• It's OK to fail : Succeed together, learn together.
With the many new challenges we’re facing every day, our team is seeking a product aficionado that will help us take our services to the next level. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves building softwares people genuinely love using, have strong problem-solving skills and great empathy for users.
What Happens Next Will Surprise You !
CHALLENGES YOU’LL BE FACING WITH US
• Design a flexible driver onboarding flow allowing our international team to easily launch new cities.
• Provide an optimized solution for company executives to manage their fleet.
• Build tools that significantly improve our communication with our drivers.
• Deploy, monitor and maintain your microservices in production.
• Design well-tested, and scalable software to handle millions of users.
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Leave code better than you found it.
• Create a positive environment for the people around you.
• Lead by example.
• Share knowledge with your team and help them grow.
• Solid experience as a Backend Engineer.
• Comfortable building softwares in a polyglot environment (Ruby or Elixir).
• Delivers elegant APIs that are easy to use.
• Designs performant systems for high throughput workloads.
• Awareness and understanding of technical constraints.
• Not afraid of leaving your technical comfort zone.
• Bonus : Knowledge in Event Driven Design or DDD, CQRS+ES, Golang
• Paid conference attendance/travel.
• Heetch credits.
• A Spotify subscription.
• Medical care.
• Code retreats and company retreats.
• Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).