Software Engineer, Full-Stack
About Good Eggs
At Good Eggs, we’re changing the world by changing the way we eat. We’re revolutionizing how local food is sourced, bought and enjoyed—inspiring our community to cook and eat with the seasons. We connect people who love food directly with people who make it by delivering the most incredible food, straight to Bay Area homes, 7 days a week on the same day it’s ordered.
The people who join us must share our commitment to making real, positive change. Because the better we work, the better the world we all live in. Here you’ll have the opportunity to build relationships—not only with each other—but with farmers, local food producers, and with our devoted community of customers. You’ll reduce our customers’ carbon footprints and improve the entire food ecosystem while you’re at it. You’ll collaborate with and learn from your teammates and eat family-style lunches with them every day.
What We’re Building
We’re a high-tech company working to revolutionize a low-tech industry.
Our Operations team builds the tools that drive our real-time fulfillment systems. It’s the platform that empowers our entire supply chain from the tools that help our producers know what and when to make products to the software and hardware that manages the flow of food through our warehouse and our last-mile delivery network. Our systems go beyond the screen and include mobile and hardware platforms that help our associates deliver food faster than anyone else in the industry.
Our Customer Experience team is building a platform that powers a beautiful online shopping experience across both web and iOS. We weave together inputs from multiple parts of the business – from merchandising rules to availability limitations – in order to present a seamless user experience that belies the complexity of the underlying system.
Our Assortment team owns our catalog of highly diverse products and provides a core set of APIs for the rest of the company to effectively use this data. We support purchasing and procurement, manage pricing and promotions, build systems to maintain data quality and consistency, and merchandise products that customers are most likely to buy with solutions like recommendations and search.
How You Can Help
We’re looking for engineers who are interested in a multidisciplinary engineering environment and are excited to build beautiful, highly scalable web and iOS applications alongside a passionate, mission-driven team.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you’ll be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and testing of new tools and features within your team’s domain of ownership. You’ll work closely with your stakeholders to understand the challenges they face and to learn where engineering can add the most value. To this end, you might spend time learning the logistics of shop-floor activities both hands on and via data or you may work closely with design and product to understand and enhance the experience of Good Eggs customers.
How We Work
We run a mature Agile engineering process complete with test-driven development, pair programming and continuous deployment of features throughout the day. We believe in the magic of empowering small teams with clear accountability for business goals. We’re collaborative and adaptable so we can work on whatever needs to be done. We commit resources to removing roadblocks and creating efficiencies from which all teams can benefit. We reflect on how we are working and take action to ensure that we are always getting better. Learn more on our blog.
Ideal candidates will have
- A desire to use their talents to make the world a better place
- 2+ years of agile software development experience including automated testing and pair programming
- Demonstrable interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
And, experience in some of the following areas:
- Node.js, React, Swift
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Microservices architecture
Bonus points for:
- Building e-commerce and payments systems
- Building warehouse management tools or customer service applications
- Being data-driven – ability to get insights from data
- Experience with ERP or HRIS systems such as Oracle JD Edwards, SAP or NetSuite
- Experience with WMS systems, including Oracle, Manhattan or Redprairie
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Deepen your knowledge of locally produced foods by engaging with our producer and eater community
- Locally-sourced team lunches made by our on-site chef, regular happy hours and employee discount
- Most of all – Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity, and enthusiasm to participate in building a better food system. We’re looking for folks who are passionate about our mission, talented and driven to change the world. If that sounds like you, get in touch!