← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
We're looking for a talented individual to join our Product team as our primary Rails developer, where soon (hopefully) you’ll be helping to ship features and squash bugs. You'll be collaborating with our Head of Product (who is also our front-end developer) and our Head of Data to round out this small and nimble team. We build and maintain an internal Rails app called Handshake that is both a CRM and a suite of workflow tools which we use to deliver the services of our consumer-facing Rails app, Agent Pronto. We also have an agent-facing Rails app called, creatively, Agent Pronto Login that real estate agents use to interact with our service.
We’ll be launching additional services over the next few years, along with the internal tooling needed to support them. In order to continue building, we’re looking for someone to join our team as our primary Rails developer.
Who You Are
You’re a Rails developer with professional experience who thrives in a flexible, self-directed environment. You’re excited to work with people that value the maker’s schedule, but you also know what it’s like to be interrupted from time-to-time. You love helping people, fixing bugs, and solving problems. You transcend the left-brained developer stereotype, have an eye for design, and incorporate UX understanding into the things you build. Additionally:
- You’re self-motivated to learn and incorporate new technologies and keep up with best practices.
- You’re as comfortable writing code for the browser as you are code for the server.
- You believe in the value of testing and rarely ship code without automated tests in place.
- You love building big features, but you’re just as happy working on maintenance tasks to keep things running smoothly.
- You have strong communication skills and are receptive to constructive feedback.
- You have the ability to thoroughly, yet simply, explain features to everyday users.
- You can clearly articulate your thoughts and feelings through writing.
- You’re not afraid to ask for help.
You’re experienced and proficient with most of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Testing tools (RSpec, Capybara)
- Data stores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached)
- Continuous Integration and deployment systems
- Amazon Web Services
- Integrating with a variety of APIs
How We Make
We don’t separate “product” from “engineering.” Our dev team is the product team, and we’re responsible for prioritizing what’s important and helping our users be awesome. We value feedback at every level and encourage everyone on the team (devs or otherwise) to speak up and contribute with their ideas, thoughts, and concerns throughout the process.
We build our products with Heroku, GitHub, Travis CI, CloudFlare, Twilio, Mailgun, Mandrill, and more. And while everyone works remotely, we communicate often using Slack, Basecamp, and GitHub.
We’re looking to hire immediately for a full-time, salaried position. You can expect to be paid a competitive market rate ($70-100k) and work around 40 hours per week. We request that you reside in the United States, but once hired, you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere. You can choose when to start and end work each day (though, we require at least half of your day align with a 9-5 CST schedule). You’ll also be provided with the following perks and benefits:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage. We pay 100% of your premiums and 50% for your dependents.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
You may also like
Senior Software Engineer Brivity, Inc.
Ruby on Rails Software Engineer Leadfeeder
Rails Programmer Whiplash