Senior Application Developer
This job offer is expired
The Senior Application Developer is assigned to the Security Best Practices team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Benchmarks Team Manager, the Sr. Application Developer will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. As an integral member of the Benchmarks Team, you will be responsible for the creation of machine readable content from our Benchmark recommendations document. This senior role requires a strong computer science background with an emphasis in Ruby with a DevOps mindset.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain new and existing software applications and scripts.
- Maintain existing code and debug when necessary.
- Create and maintain documentation of all applications.
- Maintain code in an appropriate repository.
- Lead Software Quality Assurance (SQA) efforts through the use of unit testing and integration testing and scheduled roll out of new/updated applications.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Ruby development and scripting.
- Thorough documentation skills for both code and end user.
- Proficiency in HTML.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in agile development.
- Experience within the security automation domain, including expertise in Security Content
Automation Protocol (SCAP)-related schemas, such as Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL), Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF), Common Configuration Enumeration (CCE) and Common Platform Enumeration (CPE).
- Experience with XML.
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation Assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities