← Back to all jobs
Rails Engineer Contractor (with Angular experience)
This job offer is expired
We are looking for a passionate web engineer to help build high-quality web applications for our mission-driven clients. You will collaborate closely with our diverse and talented team to build robust back-end solutions that deliver on Exygy’s reputation for outstanding quality. You will be instrumental in the successful delivery of our core services offering: innovative software solutions to pressing real-world problems.
- Develop well-written, human-centered, and scalable front-end and back-end features that are thoroughly tested
- Attend scrum meetings such as sprint planning and daily standups to coordinate and meet sprint goals with the team
- Rotary error log monitoring and production monitoring duties
- Participate in debugging, DevOps tasks, code reviews, unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Cache, optimize and develop systems that can handle thousands of requests.
- Develop APIs for dynamic front-end features.
- Collaborate with team in the design, development, maintenance of our application
Candidate Profile & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience required; MS in CS, or comparable degree preferred
- You equally love sharing your expertise and learning new things from your peers.
- You are the kind of person who isn’t satisfied until it’s as good as it can be.
- You are patient and can distill and articulate technical issues in language that non-technical stakeholders can understand.
- You are an expert at creating the responsive web
- You have demonstrated experience developing enterprise-class, consumer facing applications
- You thrive in an environment driven by quality and sensitivity to client happiness
- You can balance several priorities, be flexible in meeting urgent client needs when they arise, and effectively communicate your needs and priorities to the rest of the team
- Your peers see you as a thought leader in your field; you take responsibility for championing best practices and standards; others enjoy learning from you
- Expert knowledge of functional languages and MVC architecture (Ruby on Rails and Angular)
- Recent Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Understanding and grasp of Agile development and Scrum practices
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design
- Excitement and some knowledge about other technologies like Node.js, Redis, MongoDB, Gulp, Webpack, Meteor
- Experience with version control, particularly Git, and use of Github
- Experience and excitement around pair programming
- Effective and empathetic communication with your peers, your manager and external clients
- Intuitive understanding of engineering tasks, ability to estimate your progress and time to completion
You may also like
Full Stack Rails Engineer Angie Hospitality, Inc.
Senior Software Engineer FlyData Inc.