← Back to all jobs
Senior Rails + React Engineer
This job offer is expired
I'm Buford (real name), heading up engineering over at Reforge. Looking for remote work with some top talented folks in the education space? Also with lots of mediocre dad jokes? Look no further.
About Reforge + The Opportunity
Reforge provides professional development programs that focus on applicability, action, and impact for you and your company.
Our programs are 8 weeks long, designed for busy top performers, taught by leading practitioners, and focus on frontier topics.
Brian Balfour (Founder/CEO) has started and sold 2 venture backed companies. Was VP Growth at HubSpot through the IPO. Advisers Andrew Chen (Former Uber, now Andreesen Horowitz) and Russell Glass (Former founder of Bizo acquired by LinkedIn). Buford Taylor (Head of Eng) was 3rd engineer at Eventbrite.
- Zero to Mid 7 Figures Revenue In 2 Years. Bootstrapped.
- Avg NPS of 71.
- Distribution of 130K Active Email Subs.
- Community From Top Companies: Our alumni community is mostly comprised of leading professionals from LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, Spotify, Airbnb, Square, and many more.
- First Ten: Be part of the first ten employees while having the momentum, NPS, word of mouth, distribution, and community of a later stage company.
Goal This Role Will Own
As part of the Reforge mission you will own the success of building and maintaining the software platforms Reforge operates on, such as the Reforge program experience and the Reforge Brief. This is the second engineering hire for Reforge and this is an opportunity to make a huge impacts on the technical side of Reforge.
Here are some potential responsibilities we foresee contributing to achieving this goal:
- - Contribute to the Reforge offering by understanding the mission and chip in with feedback/ideas on how to improve Reforge
- - Lead by example by writing code others can understand
- - Design and development of new products, features, and enhancements
- - to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- - Engage with customers to understand their problems, goals, and aspirations in pursuit of a better customer experience
- - Work with a cross-functional team of Communicate with non-engineers to define requirements and deliverables
Skills Required For This Role
These are the skills required to successfully contribute to the goal this role will own.
- - You understand and enjoy working on the full stack (servers, backend, frontend, assets, networking)
- - You've worked with or have strong familiarity with the latest versions and main libraries of the following tech:
- -- Ruby on Rails
- -- Postgres, redis, memcached
- -- Server knowledge like Heroku, Docker, or custom builds
- -- Bonus: Python, mobile (native or non-native), data science libraries/tools
- - You can lead a project from conception to maintenance, planning iterative releases that delivers high impact
- - You have an business-oriented mindset and have built software with a proven track record of making it part of a successful business
- - Strong communication skills written and verbal
- - Can lead a project from conception to maintenance, planning iterative releases that delivers high impact
You Are Someone Who:
- - Focuses on impact over activity.
- - Is a lifelong learner interested in self development.
- - Embraces the struggle of creating something new and interesting.
- - Seeks out ruthless feedback and iterates quickly.
- - Has experience working in an early stage startup environment.