Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
Full Stack Developer
If you thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication this could be a great place to call your home!
You need a strong sense of ownership and be a highly motivated person who is inspired by a start-up environment that requires creative thinking and fast-paced execution. Sound like you? Then contact us.
About the Company
Tenna is an IoT and IIoT startup company with strong financial backing. We pride ourselves as pioneering the construction and infrastructure technology industry space. Tenna provides innovative solutions to customers looking for competitive ways to better manage and track their assets such as equipment, tools, and materials. We give our customers power to control assets anytime, anywhere.
Tenna is searching for a full stack developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will work with the development team to design and deliver finished, high quality, and compelling features and products on time.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code with fullstack development
- Roll out new features, and analyzing (and reacting) to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback
- Optimize existing functionality for improved response times
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop, unit test, and support new features
- Searching creatively for the best solution, while building for the end-user
- Consistently deliver readable, maintainable and efficient code
- Performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation
- Participate actively in Scrums, sprint planning meetings, and sprint retrospectives.
- Rapidly mockup proof-of-concept implementations of ideas and present to internal stakeholders
- Stay informed of new tools, libraries, and best practices and sharing ideas with the team for continuous improvement of the tool-chain and development process
- Support, maintain, and help document software functionality
- Work with other departments, stakeholders, and customers on software development, improvements, internal tools, and implementation issues
- B.S. in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years programming experience for both web and mobile apps
- 2+ years working with Git and GitHub
- 2+ years backend development
- Experience in Elastisearch is preferred
- Experience with CalAmp Devices, PEG Scripting and the LM Direct data protocol is preferred
- General Linux experience desirable Requirements
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Open-source contributions
- Understanding Web Application Security (OWASP)
- Understanding of software development practices and life-cycle
- Exceptional programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure.
- Agile, lean, or similar development methodologies/experience
- Distributed version control (git) and regular deployments
- Experience in Database Design and Concepts (Postgres, SQLite, ORM)
- Experience with API Development, SOAP, REST and JSON
- Experience with TCP/IP Socket Programming and UDP data transmission
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user experience in mind
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
- Is serious and professional. Our desire is to build a lasting enterprise
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
- Communicates well, both written and verbally
What you need to know:
- Fulltime, onsite.
- Location: Edison, NJ
- Full MDV benefit package, supplemental benefits, and 401k plan offered.
About the Team
- Hard-working, reliable, resourceful, responsive
- Knowledgeable, smart
- Entrepreneurial, inventors, forward-thinking
- Personable, optimistic, enjoyable, easy to work with
- Direct, honest, sincere