Senior Software Engineer - Backend
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer who has deep knowledge of the framework and hands-on experience building and scaling web apps and backend services. We’re a small but growing group of engineers, so beyond the prerequisite senior technical ability, we’re looking for someone with exceptional initiative, a passion for building awesome stuff for the pure excitement of it, and a love for pushing the envelope while building high quality, scalable and extensible products.
Like all Engineering roles at HOVER, this is a cross-functional role at its core: you will join as a member of our Cloud team and be responsible for the architecture and evolution of our platform, but you will also work in coordination with our other engineering teams (frontend, graphics, automation, devops), and non-engineering teams (product, design) in an agile development environment. You will write clean, tested and documented code, and stay at the cutting edge of your discipline through communication, collaboration, and friendly competition (including code reviews and mentorship). Among other things, you will be integrating image processing, 3D rendering and machine learning code, and optimizing it against one of the world’s biggest datasets of residential property imagery.
- Extensive, current experience (3+ years) architecting and building reliable, scalable, maintainable high-traffic RoR applications
- Plenty of experience with the usual suspects (PostgreSQL, Redis, rspec, git, Resque)
- Comfortable on a bash shell and SQL console
- Excellent analytics and problem solving skills
- AWS ecosystem experience
- Docker (or other container technology)
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Geometry/Linear Algebra