This job offer is expired
[Note: we are open to remote work if you can spend at least a few days a month in our Belfast office.]
You’ll be the person responsible for building the front-ends to Opal, a cloud platform to create and manage Structured Documents: documents represented as data, created and managed programatically.
You’ll be doing some or all of the following:
- working with our product manager to refine the UI/UX requirements
- coding the front-end for the web and Office apps
- writing some basic test packs. We won’t go overboard but we aren’t flying by the seat of our pants, either
- in partnership with the CTO, the technical lead, and the rest of your team, defining and implementing standards for how we work: our agile methodology, coding standards, development tools, deployment practices, and more. This is a green field development and we want to use tomorrow’s best practices today.
WHO WE WANT
We are looking for a smart person with initiative and good judgment, who works well with others, and who will always look to balance the urgent needs of clients with the long-term technical architecture for our product.
You need to have:
- a minimum of three years’ experience using client-side web technologies with a solid knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- experience with Node JS, and webpack, as well as a unit testing framework such as Jest
- a desire to learn new things. For example, we have a Ruby on Rails back-end, so there is an opportunity to become a full stack developer (if you want to).
Any of these things will help you stand out:
- an eye for good design. You won’t be getting detailed wireframes, so your role will be at least partly that of a designer
- experience with ReactJS, or a similar front-end library or framework
- experience with Bootstrap or similar – we’ll be using Office Fabric, a similar library from Microsoft
- working with RESTful API back-end components.
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as the basics - competitive pay and benefits – we offer work on a greenfield product, in a small startup-like team. We’ll invest so you have good tools to work with and we’ll keep your skills fresh with a budget for technical books, training, and the like.