Senior Software Engineer (Founding Team)
This job offer is expired
First, a bit about Avanoo
Have you ever wondered what the most successful people in the world have, that the rest of us don’t? No, it’s not a high IQ. And no, it’s not that they studied more than the rest of us at school. There are a whole host of attributes that these people embody, which are never taught in school. Things like perseverance, passion, laser-like focus, a positive mindset, and the list goes on and on.
Avanoo exists to help employees at Fortune 1,000 companies embody these attributes, through 3-minute-a-day video programs and deep analytics that help us understand what their people need the most and predict what sort of content can drive the most impact.
If the skills we learn in school are the applications we use to get through life, the attributes we help people embody at Avanoo are like the operating system.
We're doing quite well
We were VC-funded in 2015. Since then, we've been growing revenue by 2-3x every single year. So far, we're on track for a 4x growth this year.
We've proven over and over again that we can help enterprises drive real impact to their bottom line just through the magic concoction we've put together. For example, with one of our clients, they were able to directly connect millions of dollars in new product innovations after 2 years of working with us.
The bottom line is, we're scaling so fast that our existing dev team can hardly keep up!
What you'll be working on
That’s where YOU come in: Helping us sustain this incredible growth, by building out the platform. You’ll be helping us build out an enterprise-class analytics platform, which will pull data from a variety of sources, to help us track and show growth in human potential.
If being part of a team that is building the first-ever platform that tracks and optimizes the human operating system, then read on!
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience developing high quality web applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Experience and high comfort level with Test-driven development is required
- Attention to detail – this is very important, since our products are being used by lots and lots of Fortune 1,000 employees
- Solid grasp of OOP Principles
- Ability to write responsive, cross-browser HTML/CSS (plus)
- Expertise in Ruby/RoR (plus)