Rails Engineer who cares about people
Retailers use archaic, old systems that don't work (think fax machines and voicemails). We're replacing the core operational processes with a modern platform that our customers love. Help us transform a $4.4 trillion industry and improve the way millions of people work. Major retailers like Gap, Nike, LEGO, and Old Navy are already using Zipline every day, but there is so much more to do!
We care deeply about our customer and work hard to make sure that they feel very supported when working with us. So far, we've been told we provide "Disney-like" service, and we're proud to keep that going. We are looking for another experienced Rails Engineer to join our team and focus on making sure our customers have an amazing experience.
“I think I just shed a tear. This is great!” – One of our Fortune 100 customers
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on:
- Improving our administration system so that we can quickly handle common customer support issues without the rails console.
- Building a better customer question capture process so Intercom isn't the only way to triage help.
- Building a custom customer help desk system that suits our very personal style of support.
- Revisiting our in-app training to deliver a great first time experience
- Implementing consistent Customer Satisfaction survey tools and build out our metrics.
- Picking which tools we should use to continue delivering our "Disney-like" customer service as we grow.
What we look for:
- You have significant relevant production experience with large scale web applications
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- You have 3+ years experience in resolving issues or building features based on customer input
- You proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
Technologies you'll work with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- AWS, Heroku, Ansible, Digital Ocean
- Intercom, Email, Basecamp, Google Drive