Security Engineer for Rails & Enterprise SaaS
Retailers use archaic, old systems that don't work (think fax machines and voicemails). We're replacing the core operational processes with a modern platform that our customers love. Help us transform a $4.4 trillion industry and improve the way millions of people work. Major retailers like Gap, Nike, LEGO, and Old Navy are already using Zipline every day, but there is so much more to do!
We are looking for our first dedicated Cloud Security Engineer to join our team as the surface area of our product and infrastructure continue to scale and keep up with rapid customer growth.
“I think I just shed a tear. This is great!” – One of our Fortune 100 customers
Here are some projects we're excited for you to work on:
- Security strategies such as static analysis, alerting, logging, and monitoring
- Interface with the rest of engineering and product teams by building common libraries and processes for all of engineering to leverage
- Scoping and managing third party assessment and compliance vendors
- Security-oriented feature development
- Collaboration with infrastructure team on security-oriented infrastructure topics
- Evangelize security best practices for product and engineering teams
What we look for:
- You have significant relevant production experience with large scale web applications
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- You have 3+ years experience in web application security
- You have a strong understanding of security architecture, risk analysis, network security, identity management, and security monitoring.
- You proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
- CISSP certified
- Scaled security for another cloud startup
- Experience with retailers