Newly Created CTO Position @ Digital Music Distribution Firm
We are currently working exclusively with a cool technology Digital Music distribution firm that works with artists, singers/songwriters, to help them push their music through iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube Music and other platforms.
About the company
Established in 2005 and currently has a team of 10 + engineers based in New York with a total of 200 employees. The firm has a strong reputation in the marketplace and are pioneers in the industry when it comes to distributing Music.
Due to recent expansion, the firm is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of their business. The CTO will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure the company’s technologies are used appropriately, with full scoop responsibility in hiring additional resources.
- Newly created role and be the first CTO to pave the way!
- Amazing company to be a part of a great culture, brand name, and supportive environment
- Low staff turnover with breakout rooms, snack bars
Day to Day
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Oversee, mentor, and be involved in the growth of a team of developers
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
Current tech stack
- 8-10 years’ industry experience and held a CTO or similar leadership role for minimum of 3 years
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Experience working in a “start-up” type of environment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degrees
- Excellent communication, Leadership, and organizational skills
- Strategic thinking & Problem-solving aptitude
For a complete job description or a confidential discussion, please feel free to call Anthony directly on 917.602.7578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Click "Apply Now"