Experienced Software Engineers
This job offer is expired
Loco2's mission is to make booking trains anywhere in Europe as easy and affordable as possible, from epic international adventures to everyday local commutes. Our booking coverage is unrivalled and growing.
We're looking for 2 experienced Ruby engineers to join our existing team of six, where you'll help us maintain and improve our existing infrastructure, integrate new rail operator booking systems and scale effectively for our rapidly expanding user base.
At Loco2 we care deeply about building an inclusive, open and supportive work environment. We behave with respect for people and the planet and are seeking a diverse range of candidates that share these values.
We're a small, passionate and cosmopolitan team, with a healthy remote-first culture and an office in London. Our success is built on trust, empathy and shared knowledge, with our users at the centre of what we do. We're proud to have an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 on Trustpilot after 22,000 reviews.
We’ve been selling tickets since 2012 (read our full story here), and we’re growing rapidly as the business matures. Our goal is to scale effectively whilst continuing to delight our users.
Why join us?
- We have high codings standards, and follow best practices such as continuous testing and delivery
- We strive to learn and improve together in a supportive environment as the wider tech ecosystem evolves
- Our team enjoys a healthy work-life balance and don’t think caffeine-fuelled all-nighters are a good way to grow a company that’s built to last
- We offer flexible hours and a well-designed remote working culture built on trust. Work around your schedule and when you’re most productive
- Our days are not full of meetings and needless distractions, allowing others to achieve flow is a big part of supporting each other
- Everyone is encouraged to ask questions, think creatively and suggest new working practices. We have a small team so your voice will be heard
- You will be provided with a laptop and are empowered to make changes that improve your working environment
Our software stack consists of a pure-Ruby backend library which we use to communicate with train booking APIs, a modern Rails application, a PostgreSQL database, and two native mobile applications (iOS and Android).
We’re integrated with multiple rail operator booking systems (with our current team we usually complete at least 1-2 major integrations each year), and we’re increasingly consuming other types of data too (e.g. timetable data for routing, real-time arrivals/departures etc).
We need to diligently manage technical complexity, as each external system works in a slightly different way, with its own features and quirks. SOAP is (unfortunately) used by many operator APIs, which is why we released our open source library, LolSoap.
Some of the most difficult challenges we face relate to routing and making sense of lots of data. Which routes are best to get from A to B? Which booking systems should be queried? How might we cache data without affecting accuracy of results?
We’ve recently released mobile applications for iOS and Android. Further developing our mobile strategy is a key goal for the business.
Because Loco2 is the merchant of record for all transactions we are also responsible for fraud prevention, and handling currency and other finance-related issues.
We frequently release new features that drive rapid organic growth, and so it’s vital that we anticipate and address scaling challenges before they occur.
An ideal candidate:
- Has 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Has deep knowledge and experience of Ruby
- Is fluent in English and confident communicating and sharing complex information and learnings with both technical and non-technical team members
- Has a good working knowledge of modern devops technologies such as Docker
- Is comfortable designing object oriented software from scratch, not just implementing CRUD Rails apps; a pragmatist who can see the trade-offs involved in the different approaches to solving a problem
- Strives to discover and understand the root cause of problems, suggesting new and improved solutions, rather than treating the symptoms
- Actively considers future maintainability when deciding how to implement something
- Has a keen appetite for self-improvement and growth, but doesn't hesitate to ask for help when needed
- Enjoys getting their teeth stuck into complicated problems, as well as being willing to pitch in on some of the more routine tasks which inevitably arise
- Is willing to participate in an on-call rota to cover technical emergencies out of hours
- Can work hours that have some overlap with London daytime
- Is motivated by Loco2's mission