Technical Coach (Remote)
As a Technical Coach at Bloc, you will directly help students develop mastery and support them on their journey to become software developers and designers by helping them solve their day-to-day problems and questions.
- Respond to technical questions and guidance requests that come to the Technical Coaching team
- Adhere to the established Service-Level Agreement to ensure students are receiving responses in the defined timely manner
- Maintain the required quality in assisting students with technical questions and guidance
- Adhere to processes implement by the Technical Coaching team
- Provide strategic feedback to the Technical Coaching Lead to improve the experience for students and optimize the processes of the team
- Ensure communication with students and others always exemplifies Bloc’s core values
- As necessary, work with Grading Team Lead and other Grading Team Members
- As necessary, interact with mentors, Student Success, or students ad-hoc
- Must have at least 6 months of professional industry experience OR have completed one of Bloc’s Developer Track programs OR have completed Bloc's Design Track Program successfully
- Strong written communication skills
- Patient and empathetic
- High level of detail orientation and an exceptional work ethic
- Must thrive working autonomously
- Genuinely excited about helping students who are taking charge of their own education and striving for better careers
- Developed sense of empathy and understanding (Learning can be a challenge!)
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
- Eligible to work in the United States (Bloc does not currently sponsor visas)
- Must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin
Terms of Employment
- This role will last for a period of 3 months; continuation depends on performance and mutual interest.
- Remote .
- Flexible full-time or part-time roles available, with the option to work evenings and weekends when Bloc students are active. 10 hours per week minimum.
- Full-time roles are eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
You might also like
Full Stack Developer - RoR PrintFriendly.comRemoteJuly 19
Backend Engineer - Remote HelloMDRemoteJune 09
Ruby Developer - Help us deploy more than 80 times a month! Global App TestingRemoteJune 05
Senior Software Engineer - Ruby, Python or Haskell virtualQ GmbHRemoteMay 29