Senior Software Engineer, Treasury (Ruby/Clojure)
DRW has an opening on its Treasury Development team. The Treasury developers focus on applications for calculating margin requirements, managing capital, and various reporting functions essential to the Treasury Department and across DRW. The Treasury team is small and new engineers will immediately be tasked with making meaningful contributions to our systems. The developers are required to work closely with the Treasury staff to create technical plans to solve pressing business problems.
At DRW we strive for an environment where technologists are free to pursue solutions to the problems of the business free from arbitrary management constraints and supported by excellent technical resources. All development teams at DRW believe in rapid deployment and feedback, automated testing, and cohesive, transparent, lightly-coupled service architectures.
- Designing, programming, and testing a variety of applications
- Working with multiple languages, platforms, and operating systems, particularly Ruby, Clojure, Linux
- Learning and promoting new technologies
- Testing at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as green field development
- DevOps tooling and process
- Providing on-call support as needed
- Collaborating with various software teams, the IT department, trading desks, and other business units
We are looking for strong developers of any stripe, but familiarity with the below will give candidates a leg up in working on Treasury systems.
- Financial technology and systems
- Front and back-end development experience
- Rails, Java, C/C++, Git
- Postgres, SQLite
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business.Apply now