Senior Software Engineer (New Product)
This job offer is expired
We're hiring Senior Software Engineers in Salt Lake City who are passionate about technology and education to build a new, next generation product for companies who want to invest in their employees.Our product team doesn't throw specs over some imaginary wall to engineering, and engineering doesn't throw code over some imaginary wall to QA. We all collaborate together. We highly value innovation, so much so that we have quarterly Hackweeks. A week each quarter to work on relevant pet projects and features.Alot of our work is open source, even our primary product (Canvas). Check us out on Github: www.github.com/instructure.
What We Do:
- We are full stack engineers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system, as well as developing web scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
What we look for:
- Breadth of experience (and interest) in different languages and frameworks.
- Skilled full stack developer, with deep experience in both a server-side language and front-end language.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- Over 7 years of professional software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience as the go to person and in mentoring others.
- Mastery of your chosen tools.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices.
- Capable Communicator.
- Crazy passionate about learning new stuff.
- Strong knowledge of, and adherence to, coding best practices.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
GET IN ON ALL THE AWESOME AT INSTRUCTURE:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
- Food, lots of food.