This job offer is expired
What you'll be doing
Along with working at Australia's premier Ruby development company, you'll get to work with a modern tech stack and high performance, high-availability infrastructure. Whether you're a passionate newbie (with experience as a developer) or you've worked at our scale before, we'd love to hear from you.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Write clean, well thought out and reliable code
- Participate as a member of a small cross functional team containing members with different skills and experience
- You'll work on big projects, small maintenance tasks, server management tasks and anything else that makes software our customers love
- Take lots of responsibility for your work as most teams don't have analysts, testers or system administrators
- Take part in our 24/7 on-call rotation supporting one of the biggest websites in the world
- Be a nice person who cares about their work
- Communicate well in person and in writing
- Be a curious person committed to continual learning
- Be capable of writing clean, well thought out, and reliable code
- Be comfortable working on a project from the original fuzzy brief through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight required
- Be comfortable in a Linux software development and deployment environment
- Have commercial Ruby on Rails, Node.js or Elixir experience
- Have experience with React and front end development
- Have experience with AWS and infrastructure
- Have solid TDD/BDD experience
- Have experience of other high volume/scale web apps
- Past experience in other agile environments
- Excellent Linux knowledge
What We've Got
A Great Team and Culture
- Developers are responsible for features from inception through to them being in the hands of customers. The devs talk directly to our community and customers about what they're working on
- We do continuous delivery properly: any team member can deploy, and we regularly do several deploys a day
- We publish portions of our code as open source, and contribute back to open source projects we use
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- In addition to hiring for our Melbourne CBD office, we will also consider applications from experienced developers who would like to work remotely (Australia wide)
- Future career progression will be available across the entire business - we're big on internal opportunities and professional growth!
Can you Meet the Expectations of Envato's Engineering Team?
At Envato, our Engineers expect certain things of each other. Not all of these are easy to uphold. Are you ready to join the team and meet the expectations of your peers at Envato? Read about the expectations and how they were developed by our team on our technical blog.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the application questions. Good luck!