Senior Back End Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning platform for kids. We adopt the Netflix model to help children learn the English language via a content platform and online live classes with + 5 millions of users. We believe in breaking down language barriers and helping provide equal opportunities to all kids around the world.
Our team is based in Madrid and includes a great group of (Ruby, Unity, Redis/Postgres, React Native) engineers and talented product designers. We have a solid product and big plans for improvement and scale. You want to take on big challenges and are passionate about building an educational service for children that reaches millions of families around the world.
We need a well-rounded backend developer with experience designing and creating robust backend systems that will communicate with our apps and websites. Estimation, design, code development, debugging, testing, integration, and documentation of these systems.
Interesting problems around adaptive learning for Pre-Ks, growing scaling/performance challenges with millions of behavioural events and users, etc.
• Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
• 5+ years experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding backend systems
• Ruby on Rails (very good knowledge + clean coding)
• A solid grasp of OO programming, DBs, development, and testing methodologies (TDD with RSpec)
• Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Redis
• GIT version control (good knowledge)
• Experience developing APIs and integrating third party API services
• Experience working at a fast-paced, small technology company (<50 employees)
• Highly autonomous; Strong decision-making and execution with imperfect information
• High motivation to learn and grow