Senior Rails Wizard (aka Developer) in Park City - Drip Has Finally Arrived!
As a Senior Rails Developer with Drip, you’ll work on a small product team within a gorgeous Rails codebase, helping to design, develop, and ship production features that are used by literally thousands of customers worldwide. This position will focus on application development within a SaaS environment using cutting-edge tools and tech. You will consistently tackle interesting problems, discover new challenges, collaborate cross-departmentally and thrive in a learning ecosystem.
So, that's the description.. But here's what you'll actually be able to do:
- Craft your legacy in a gorgeous production SaaS app that is used on thousands of production websites
- Collaborating with front-end devs to optimize the performance of existing features
- We love testing and have a current 92% test coverage! Help us maintain by writing unit tests for your code as you go (we have 2.5 lines of tests for every line of production code!). This is a true test-driven environment
- Being part of an energetic team AND also able to work independently to tackle interesting problems, along with the time to solve them correctly
- You'll be super impactful - Working directly with two SaaS co-founders on a highly-effective software team
Here are the goods - we place a high preference on Rails Developers who:
- Have at least 3 years of professional, full-time Rails experience
- A deep knowledge of Ruby and Rails 5
- Have solid experience with modern unit testing practices and well versed in TDD/BDD environments
- Can understand and design complex architectures that scale
- Have built web applications that serve tons of users (we're small, but have tens of thousands of awesome users!)
Oh, yeah - this stuff isn't required, but it'd be pretty cool if you knew:
We know what you're thinking - yes, we have a dream person:
In addition to the above, you...
- Are extremely detail-oriented - this isn’t just a sound-bite for you, it's one (of many!) of your genuine qualities
- Are not only well-versed technically, but you are thorough in thought and process
- Love those "ah-ha!" moments when you've found a solution to a tricky problem
- Thrive on helping others and making sure that things are working properly
- Know what ‘fast-paced’ really means and you embrace it
- Aren't bashful to admit when you don't know something and will jump in and learn it! You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up