Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
Ruby on Rails Developer
Come join the LevelUp team to help build the next generation payments network and customer engagement platform from our HQ in downtown Boston. We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did!) along the way, even better.Our Ruby on Rails Developers sit on our Platform engineering team to build and maintain the core set of systems that power the LevelUp ecosystem, an online ordering interface and network of dozens of mobile payments apps (maybe even the ones you use to order lunch) and point-of-sale integrations. We are a team of smart, highly motivated engineers that place a high value on writing well crafted, thoroughly tested, and maintainable code. We’re growing extremely fast and are taking on the exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development while scaling our services to support higher volume and more clients.Curious about current projects?Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- What tools can we expose to give businesses new ways to excite and reward their customers?
- What partners might want to build on top of our platform and how can we make sure our API supports their needs?
- To support international clients, what sorts of changes do we need to make to our system?
- We’re in a period of very rapid growth - what do we need to do to make sure that our systems hold up?
- We generate a ton of data - what sort of interesting things can we do with it?
- You have 2+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework like Django or Rails
- You are a team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- You are a continuous learner and love taking on new challenges
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
What you could pick up by working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- Practice designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Solid relational database design fundamentals
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
Our Unique Benefits & Perks:
- Free catered lunches daily from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever satiates your palate (Americano, Latte, Espresso, Regular Cup O Joe)
- Strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, fully paid for by LevelUp and 401(k) with company match
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green & orange line (Downtown Crossing, Park Street, and South Station are only a few blocks away)
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Software Engineer, Data WellframeBoston, MA, USMay 25