Ruby on Rails Engineer
At YouEarnedIt, we give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues while driving results for our customers. We are redefining how companies amplify their employee experience with our award-winning software platform and services. With an approach that is employee-driven, not top-down, YouEarnedIt is a disruptive force in the Human Capital Management industry. We strive to deliver exceptional experiences to our customers and our employees.
As a company, our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We create a workplace that is open and transparent, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community. We have an award-winning culture that has been included in Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of Best Company Cultures and repeatedly named to Austin Business Journal's Best Places to Work. Featured in Inc., Forbes, Business Insider, and Bloomberg Technology, we are making a difference in the lives of employees every day. We are looking for passionate, driven, and results-oriented individuals to join our winning team on our inspiring mission. Let's make big things happen in 2018!
Overview of the role:
We’re looking for a full-time Ruby on Rails engineer with a passion for collaboration, problem-solving, and happiness at work to join our growing team. As a Rails Engineer, you’d be responsible for owning features from start to finish while working with your scrum team to ensure we rapidly deliver excellent results. You’d develop on the full stack from the React front end all the way to the MongoDB database.
What you’ll do:
- Write reliable tests and review others’ code to help keep the bugs out
- Design and develop GraphQL endpoints to be used by our web clients, mobile clients, and our customers
- Collaborate with other team members to creatively solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to user interface and experience Influence our product’s direction with your ideas Support our customers by understanding their needs and improving our platform to meet them
What we want from you:
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate, and learn
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in in data mappers such as Mongoid or Active Record Experience with and a passion for automated testing
- Experience in both creating and consuming GraphQL APIs is a bonus
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- Bonus points for experience with React
Please note: We currently only accept candidates in the United States.
How to apply
You might also like
FISenior Software Engineer FlyData Inc.RemoteJune 09
Ruby on Rails Developer OctopiRemoteJune 07
Microservices Engineer CitrusbyteRemoteJune 05
Senior Software Engineer - Ruby, Python or Haskell virtualQ GmbHRemoteMay 29