← Back to all jobs
Full Stack Developer (Ruby On Rails)
This job offer is expired
At Octopi, we are looking for a mid-to-senior full-stack developer with experience working on a production Ruby on Rails application to help us build and improve our Terminal Operating System (TOS).
The ideal person for this position should be intellectually curious and willing to learn about the fascinating shipping industry. They should have a strong ability to perform deep work: to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. Finally, they should be able to make pragmatic decisions while designing and building new features for our product.
- Ruby on Rails
- Git & Github
- Backbone JS or Vue.js
- Design and build new features for Octopi in Ruby on Rails.
- Write well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and pragmatic code.
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to help our customers thrive.
- Always think of ways to improve our application and our customers’ experience.
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 3-4 years of experience developing software professionally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with Git and Github.
- Ability to work directly with our customers and to visit cargo port terminals.
- Willing to visit our offices in Miami, Florida during the first weeks of employment for training and as needed after our initial training period.
Octopi is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for port terminal operators. Our customers are cargo port terminals: a massive, obscure, and underserved market responsible for carrying 90% of everything the world consumes.
We help cargo port terminals manage all their operations, including their gate processes, vessel operations, yard planning, etc… We are passionate about leveraging technology to help our customers keep track of all the cargo that goes through their facilities. Our customers are responsible for unloading, loading, and storing thousands of shipping containers weekly and we help them capture data about their operations so that they can make data-driven decisions.
Our company was founded by two software engineers with more than 25 years of combined experience in software development. We strongly believe that quality software should be elegant and easy to use.
We are located in downtown Miami, Florida.
You may also like
Senior Rails engineer ConvertKit
Full Stack with Rails Focus NuRelm
Senior Full Stack Engineer GoDaddy
Senior full-stack software engineer - JS + Ruby Sticker Mule