Security Applications Engineer, Apple Retail Engineering
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Apple Online Store Engineering has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. Our group's focus is on design and development of the core services and fabric of the Apple Online Store. The position will provide architecture, design, development and project management leadership across multiple projects. Our scope includes everything from customer applications like iCloud and iTunes, to enterprise services like retail payment systems that support our physical and online storefronts. Conduct architecture security review, application testing, and penetration testing modeled after real world attackers (i.e., exploit and pivot).
Experience manually testing web applications or enterprise penetration testing
Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby)
Experience developing Java based applications (e.g. J2SE, J2EE)
Solid understanding of Cryptography
Proficiency in either Mac OS X and/or other flavors of UNIX
Ability to explain basic networking concepts (routing, ACL, load balancers, SSL/TLS, TCP) in order to provide application architecture feedback
Background in web application development and/or code auditing strongly preferred
Strong verbal & written communication skills
Passion for discovering and researching new vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Conduct security architecture review of the full stack including applications built on cloud and emerging technologies.
- Conduct manual application security testing and source code auditing for a variety of technologies.
- Provide clear and detailed risk assessment and remediation guidelines for developers and business owners.
- Conduct penetration testing targeting critical Apple data, services, and environments.
- Report underlying security issues and propose enhanced security protections.
Other responsibilities include:
- Security research on the latest best practices, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, and technology frameworks
- Documenting and disseminating security guidelines for common security issues, remediation guidance, and security technology baselines
- Develop tools and exploits to support application security review and/or penetration testing
We work cross-functionally with teams Apple wide providing security consulting services and driving new security initiatives. Our talented team of security professionals is a key to our success.
B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science with specialisation in Information Security.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.