← Back to all jobs
Help shape the Future of Fundraising: Lead Developer
This job offer is expired
Txt2Give is a fundraising platform built for churches, nonprofits and other organizations needing to raise money. Our flagship offering makes donating easy by allowing people to give using simple text messages. It's essentially a text message donation Chatbot :)
We're looking for a full-time lead developer to help us build the fundraising tools of the future. The right person will essentially take over all system design, development and deployment responsibilities for all the company's projects. We need someone who likes to research and provide recommendations for solutions to tough problems.
Does this describe you?
- You see the glass half full
- You have a curiosity itch that needs to be scratched often
- You get excited about exploring new technologies/frameworks/programming languages
- You geek out on making systems and code beautiful and elegant
- You don't wait to be told what to do next. You're proactive, and ask. Better yet, you have an opinion and make recommendations.
- You don't like leaving "Broken Windows" in the codebase
- You appreciate the delicate balance between perfection and shipping.
If you caught yourself saying "No" while reading these statements above, I wish you the best in your job search. You won't be happy here.
But if you were shaking your head "Yes", awesome! These are traits that are rewarded here, and you will be very happy.
Here's a few of the things you'll be getting your hands dirty with.
- Payment processing
- Lot's of APIs
You'll also need to either have good UI design skills, or be able to find nice UI frameworks and tweak them to our needs.
We're constantly innovating and trying new things on our team, so this list will continue to grow and evolve. The Magic Word is Triforce. This will come in handy later in the application process.
This is a contract position. You will work as a 1099 contractor. If we work well together after the initial 90 days, we will consider full-time employment if that's something that interests you.
We value experience and skills over a degree any day.
You do need to be a mid- to senior-level developer, but don't have to be an "expert". You just need the desire to progress and grow in your role. Attitude, positivity and the willingness to learn is extremely important to us.
Having said that, you will need to be a strong 7 out of 10 with the following to be considered:
- React (Skills in other similar frameworks will be considered, but we prefer React)
- Testing SPAs (Single-page apps)
- Knowledge of relational databases and how to optimize, with emphasis on Postgres
You will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Worked on at least 3 somewhat complex Rails apps that were in production (no marketing websites)
- Prior experience working remotely (if you aren't local)
- Able to manage yourself and your time well. We don't have time to babysit or do any hand-holding.
Bonus points if:
- You've spoken at a technology conference
- You've published or contributed to an open source library
- You're great at UI design
Some things that you'll probably like about working with us:
- You will be trusted to come up with some big solutions and lead the way on projects.
- Small, energetic startup environment. We move quickly, so you won't be bored.
- You'll get to work directly with the Founder, who is also a developer.
- Work with a lot of interconnected systems and moving parts.
- Solve challenging, non-trivial problems.
You may also like
Ruby on Rails Software Engineer Leadfeeder
Senior fullstack engineer- JS+Ruby Sticker Mule
Software Architect, RoR Cofense