Senior Rails Developer / Team Lead
The Senior Software Engineer at iCapital Network will work play a hands on role as technical team lead on one or more platform functional areas or newly developed applications / services. You will work closely with our Product Management and Platform Integration teams throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via manual test efforts. As our products become more decentralized, you will evaluate and recommend alternate technologies for use on new development and lead the subsequent engineer efforts.
On a daily basis, your work on the core platform will include:
- Backend development in Ruby (2.3) and Rails (4.2.7)
- Lead technical design new features while mentoring / guiding more junior team members
- Unit and integration test development using RSpec, Cucumber, and Capybara
- Evaluation and recommendation new technology tools and services to facilitate future needs, particularly within the AWS suite of services.
- Active participation in daily (9:30am) stand up meetings
- Active participation in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process
- 5+ years of web-based application development
- 2+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of test automation development in a Ruby on Rails environment
- 2+ years of experience with a broad range of Amazon Web Services products
- Past experience building systems integration processes, including batch data transfer and real-time, public facing, APIs.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices
- Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow