← Back to all jobs
Full Stack Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
REAL VOTER VOICES FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Full-time • Starts June 25 and ends Nov 30 • Competitive pay • Excellent benefits
Work from anywhere in the continental U.S.
In this year’s election, MoveOn will mobilize to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care. We’ll do it by activating a grassroots wave and by running an innovative digital persuasion effort at nationwide scale.
Since the 2016 election, MoveOn has developed and piloted a powerful new breakthrough in digital persuasion that we’re planning to take to scale across dozens of U.S. House races, as well as Senate and other statewide races in the fall general election, that is poised to persuade hundreds of thousands of voters to turn out and vote for Democratic candidates.
Our approach combines authentic messages and grassroots messengers to reach voters directly. We combine these personal videos with detailed, rigorous analytics to find and target voters who can be persuaded to vote in favor of our endorsed candidates. Through our work in 2016 and 2017, we’ve seen the potential to move thousands of individual voters, enough to have a real impact on an election. Now we’re aiming to scale this work across the country.
- Write code and own projects that span the entire software stack, including prototyping, rich front-end apps, APIs, high-performance back-end applications, database design, and deployment architecture.
- Create and contribute to open source projects that share MoveOn’s innovations with the larger developer community.
- Research and adopt new technologies and programming languages to improve our work.
- Contribute to software architecture discussions and decisions.
- Work closely with a team of analysts, automating algorithmic techniques, and creating and scaling data processing systems
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career.
Required skills and experience:
- Experienced in web development
- Comfortable with Django or Ruby on Rails
- Interested in learning and diving into new languages, tools, and frameworks.
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies.
- Curious learner and problem solver.
- Reliably drive tasks and projects from idea to completion, production, scaling, and beyond.
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose staff all work remotely.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary includes benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month; 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; floating and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
To Apply: Submit an application here: https://grnh.se/5ecb185b1
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
You may also like
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer OutMatch
Backend Hacker - Ruby on Rails SupportBee
Full Stack Rails Developer Format
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer Tandem Vault