Ruby on Rails Senior Developer (Greater Boston Area and/or Partial Remote)
This job offer is expired
Join Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) as we work to make the global energy system more secure, clean, and affordable. Just as the Internet economy transformed society in unexpected ways, the advanced energy economy has the potential to create dramatic new opportunities for economic growth in the U.S. and around the world. In working to create a better business climate for advanced energy, you will have an unprecedented opportunity to work on the cutting edge of energy policy. We are looking for the best and the brightest to join our team.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Senior Developer to join our small but growing agile (Scrum) development team.
You’ll work on a variety of web projects, from implementing interactive front-ends to designing and building enterprise grade back-end solutions. Working closely with our VP of Product and Engineering Team, you will be responsible for overseeing and growing a mature codebase (PowerSuite policy platform), a one-of-a-kind document data store larger than Wikipedia, a state of the art data pipeline stretching from a Python based scraping engine to a Ruby on Rails front end application, an Elasticsearch full text search service and integrations with both Microsoft Azure's and AWS' machine learning services.
PowerSuite allows our customers (such as, but not limited to): Opower (Oracle), Apple, Microsoft, GE, SunPower and EnerNOC) to identify and manage energy policy risks and opportunities across the country.
Our development team is distributed across the Greater Boston Area and we are committed to working from our local Boston office at least once or twice a month for retrospective and sprint planning sessions but enjoy flexible remote work the rest of the time.
To apply, you must submit:
- Your resume
- Link to your portfolio of significant projects (professional and/or personal)
- A cover letter explaining:
- Why you are interested in the position
- Why you are a great fit for the job
- What makes you a stand out candidate
Skills & Requirements
- 5 or more years of professional experience architecting and building scalable web apps
- Minimum 2 years experience with Ruby on Rails in a production environment
- Minimum one year using the Elastic stack, and Elasticsearch in particular, in a production environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Git version control
- Scrum (bi-weekly sprints) and Test Driven Development
- Experience deploying applications to AWS and/or Heroku
- Work with our development team and other internal and external customers in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Communicate clearly with other members of the team, both internal and external, and work on multiple projects under light supervision.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- While your strength is rails, experience with other languages (Python, R), technologies (NOSQL, Redis) and platforms (HubSpot, Salesforce) is a big bonus.
- Experience building supervised and unsupervised machine learning (ML) models with applications in areas such as document classification and sentiment analysis
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Passion for AEE’s mission of moving the world to a secure, clean, affordable energy future.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Software Engineer, Data WellframeBoston, MA, USMay 25