Senior Back End Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
The company: We’re reinventing early childhood education through an online language learning platform for kids. We adopt the Netflix model to help children learn the English language via a content platform and online live classes with millions of users. We believe in breaking down language barriers and helping provide equal opportunities to all kids around the world.
Responsibilities: We need a well-rounded backend developer with experience designing and creating robust backend systems that will communicate with our apps and websites. Estimation, design, code development, debugging, testing, integration, and documentation of these systems.
Interesting problems around adaptive learning for Pre-Ks, growing scaling/performance challenges with millions of behavioural events and users, etc.
- Relentless in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- 5+ years experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding backend systems
- Ruby on Rails (very good knowledge + clean coding)
- A solid grasp of OO programming, DBs, development, and testing methodologies (TDD with RSpec)
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Redis
- GIT version control (good knowledge)
- Experience developing APIs and integrating third party API services
- Experience working at a fast-paced, small technology company (<50 employees)
- Highly autonomous; Strong decision-making and execution with imperfect information
- High motivation to learn and grow
- High level of English
Perks & Benefits: We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company.
- Retreats & Happy Hours: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat.
- Free books: We buy you any books that can help you be even better at your work.
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined.
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits.
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor a EU visa to come work with us.
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish and English.
- Technology: Get hooked up with a Macbook (or PC) to do your best work.
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other.
- Paid time-off: 23 paid days off for everything life throws your way.
- International Office: Multicultural team with 10+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
- Sunny Spain: Sunny Spain: Over 300 days of sunshine per year with blue-skies.
Contact: Send your CV with as much info as possible, including examples of projects, or links to public repositories (Github, Bitbucket, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org