← Back to all jobs
Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
FlyData is looking for an extremely talented software developer to help bring our flagship service FlyData Sync to the next level. We are an engineering-driven organization that values developers who are enjoy programming, place importance on code quality, and above all seeks to create the best user experience possible.
On the backend team, you'll work with our extremely talented developers to implement features to meet customer needs, identify and improve the system's scalability bottlenecks, review and automate our architecture, and other tasks defined by our Software Engineering Lead.
Our team is collaborative, communicative and is very mindful of our developer's work-life balance as we believe your creativity is maximized when your control your own cadence and are comfortable and refreshed.
You understand how to develop a fault tolerant system in which no data inconsistency happens no matter what kind of failures occurs with the system. You are able to listen to our user's feedback, provide user empathy and improve the service in a rapid fashion. You will work with fellow developers, discuss designs and give guidance to junior developers. You're an excellent troubleshooter, who follows best practices, and has a passion for clean, readable, and maintainable code.
- Design and implement features of a multi-tier, client-server system written in Ruby
- Play a critical role in all architecture, coding, testing, and deployment decisions
- Be a part of support on-call rotation and fix issues & inefficiencies
- Write automated tests (RSpec) for all services
- 5+ years experience developing large scale backend systems
- Experience in writing web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of relational database and SQL, especially in terms of performance tuning
- Battle-tested troubleshooting experience on Linux
- Familiar with git and GitFlow
- Experience done Agile/Scrum methodology and CI/CD
- Experience working in a remote/distributed team model
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in writing performance critical C++ code
- Working experience of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Amazon Redshift
You may also like
Full Stack Rails Engineer Angie Hospitality, Inc.
Senior Rails engineer ConvertKit
Full Stack Developer Strategyzer AG