Senior Software Engineer (RoR
This job offer is expired
LeaseLabs is currently hiring a full-time Senior Software Engineer.
LeaseLabs is a multifamily innovation powerhouse. Driven by more than 100 creators, designers, and thinkers, our Full Stack Marketing agency was founded in 2008 for the sole purpose of providing strategic marketing, creative, and technology services within the multifamily vertical.
We’re rapidly expanding our footprint across America which was why we scored our fourth spot on the 2017 Inc. 5000’s list of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. We were also featured in the Silicon Valley Review in a feature piece as one of the Top Ten Fastest Growing Marketing & Advertising Companies of 2017!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company as a Senior Software Engineer on a growing Engineering team. You will be responsible for developing new efficient, scalable and effective software solutions in a mission critical environment. You will play a key role in auditing our existing code base and leading development plans to evolve existing applications as well as spearheading new, innovative efforts on burgeoning platforms built from scratch. Ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.
Our engineering teams are focused on building highly-reliable, large-scale SaaS solutions. We work on areas such as horizontal scaling, high availability, configuration-as-code & analytics.
The Senior Software Engineer reports to the CTO.
- Collaborate with Web Development, QA and UX teams to migrate current legacy configurations into an optimized, scalable and forward-thinking system
- Work with Architects and Product teams to develop system requirements for product enhancements as well as new application development
- Lead troubleshooting of issues/challenges, including timely root-cause analysis, that occur in test and production environments; ensure development team work towards resolutions
- Lead efforts to audit and re-define team processes, workflows and best practices
- Analyze, audit, recommend and implement improvements for existing code bases and solutions
- Mentor junior developers and raise the bar for the team
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code in any language.
- Integration of data storage solutions - may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify performance issues, bugs and workflow matters. Then devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization in coordination with team objectives.
- Adapt to new technologies that may be selected based on business requirement decisions made along the way (NodeJS, Go, Scala, Java, C# are all potential candidates)
- 7+ years experience in software development using object-oriented (OO) languages
- 3+ years experience with Ruby / Rails specifically
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, databases, software engineering)
- Understanding of JIRA Software and Agile SCRUM and other software development processes
- Penchant for solving problems including but not limited to performance optimization and scalability
- Ability to communicate clearly, learn new technologies, and apply newly gained knowledge.
- Motivation to constantly improve professional skills and products to delight customers (How can we improve things for our customers in everything we do?)
- Ability to mentor junior developers and raise the bar for the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science a Huge Plus
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience in open-source or closed-source project maintenance
- Experience in working as a support engineer
- Agency experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
- Time Management skills
- Coachable, passion for learning
- Passion for learning and researching new technologies and solutions with measurable impact on company goals
- Salary: DOE
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), FSA
- Paid Time Off: Three weeks
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Company Events (including Wine Wednesdays, Fit Challenges, & Volunteer Events)
- Work From Home Fridays
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Excellent office location and casual environment
- Advancement opportunities as company grows and expands markets