← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
TeamSnap is an award-winning mobile and web service for managing recreational and competitive sports teams and groups. With almost 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap has quickly become one of the fastest-growing team and group management solutions on the planet.
We are looking for fun people with big ideas and tiny egos who do great work. We hire awesome people, give them the tools to achieve great things and provide strong two-way communication so everyone can grow in their roles and find passion in their work. We strive for long-term, committed employees who feel strong ownership of the company, culture and product.
TeamSnap is seeking a Platform Developer to help us continue our impressive growth. You should be self-directed and able to juggle multiple balls without dropping any of them. There are no sacred cows at TeamSnap. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be focused on enhancing, refactoring, and maintaining the TeamSnap Platform (web, API, services, functions, et cetera) which serves over 20 million users. You will work with us as we build additional features, functionality, services, and applications to continue our rapid growth. You’re willing to help out anywhere your talents are required, including occasional customer support and on-call duties, staying in touch with our internal and external customers' needs.
Some things that are pretty important to us
We're looking for a person with a naturally curious and passionate engineering mind who was taking apart their parents’ VCR, DVD player, toaster, (you get the idea) when they were a kid, and who has been tinkering ever since. If you're someone who loves to learn, is down to earth, super positive, likes to mentor others, is a good communicator, not afraid to jump in or ask questions and is always involved in side projects in addition to whatever paid work you're doing, then this is the right role for you.
- 3+ years experience building scalable web applications and services.
- Significant experience with frameworks and libraries surrounding your areas of expertise such as Rails, Phoenix, or Node.js
- Adaptability to learn and extend custom frameworks. We have massive scale and often are building new technology to match our growth requirements.
- Experience with building APIs or Service Mesh networks.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and general database administration knowledge.
- You can work independently inside a distributed team.
- Passion for great user experience - we have designers on staff, but we want you to be interested in what makes a great feature for our customers (whether TeamSnap users or other developers).
- A witty sense of humor.
- Experience working on an agile team.
- A customer-focused attitude, with an ability and willingness to work with customers to develop great features as well as diagnose and fix problems.
- Big ideas and a tiny ego. Tiny Eggo™ optional. We’ll accept waffles of any size. But no pancakes.
- A "Test First" attitude and experience writing automated tests using a tdd, bdd, or whatever *dd methodology you jive with.
- Experience with automated build and deployment systems.
- Experience with git or Github as a version control tool.
- A willingness to travel to other parts of the country, on average once a quarter, for all company gatherings, team meetings, conferences, and the like.
- A strong computer science background.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Creating and deploying services and applications within a PaaS or Service Mesh.
- Experience working as part of a distributed team.
- Free Superbowl tickets for all your co-workers (hey, we can dream).
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
- This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, innovative professional to join a revolutionary, award-winning company that has been named Outside Magazine’s Best Places To Work since 2016.
- Our culture is based around trust and empowerment.
- Work with an energetic, rapidly-growing organization as we continue our quest to hire the best and brightest.
- TeamSnap is a fun product – you’ll have fans.
- We’re not a fly-by-night startup. We’re an established player in a massive market. We have a proven revenue model, an experienced management team, solid funding and a strong plan moving forward.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success.
This position is remote, unless are within driving distance of our Boulder office. Our company is 70% distributed and we value people who excel at working and communicating remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and beliefs are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
P.S. We highly recommend that you sign up for a free trial of TeamSnap to learn more about the web and mobile applications. If you'd like us to extend the trial beyond 21 days, just let us know.
You may also like
Software Engineer Proactive Digital Insights
Ruby on Rails Engineer (UK) Safeguarding Monitor
Senior Software Engineer FlyData Inc.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer BookingSync
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer FullStack