Ruby Software Engineer
The Scion Group, a leading owner & operator in student housing seeks a Software Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL. We're looking for a Software Engineer who is an expert in back-end development and will be able to hit the ground running while programming in Ruby. You should have a passion for deploying new features and well-designed technical solutions. The Software Engineer will collaborate with a team of web developers and other software engineers to develop proprietary business intelligence tools, connect market survey and data sources, and implement machine learning and app creation.
The ideal candidate will be able to work cross-functionally and present findings to senior management on all other initiatives related to the company’s goals. If you are looking to join a creative team that offers a fast-paced, start-up environment, we encourage you to apply.
A Day in the Life:
- Create and implement scalable, robust and reliable back-end solutions for cloud-based web applications.
- Plan, implement, test, and ship new features.
- Investigate performance issues and execute improvements.
- Hunt down bugs and fix root causes.
- Propose and test improvements to the existing storage system to handle large data streams and API sources.
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform.
- Present original analysis and strategies to senior management, design departmental business processes, and work on ad hoc projects related to the company’s strategic goals.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
- 2+ years of experience programming in Ruby.
- 2+ years of experience building complex web applications.
- Knowledgeable in designing, implementing and integrating service-oriented REST APIs.
- Experienced in designing and implementing efficient SQL queries from complex data structures.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Heroku or similar cloud-based infrastructure.
We'll Be Extra Impressed if You Have:
- Experience using U-SQL, R, or Python to draw meaningful and valid insights.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, The Scion Group LLC provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.
How to apply
Email your resume to Scion Talent Management at Talent@thesciongroup.com.