Fullstack Software Developer
This job offer is expired
You know Ruby inside and out, both the pretty and the ugly. You can tell when a piece of code will be inefficient just by looking at it and you know how to optimize it.
However, you are not married to any programming language and would welcome the opportunity to learn a new one on the job with open arms.
The frontend is written using ReactJS. If you prefer only working on the frontend (or only on the backend), we can work with that.
We're building a new web service for the aerospace industry. It needs to handle information at scale, safely. We deal with items often worth tens of thousands of dollars or more. We do things the right way from the first time - cutting corners is not worth it in our case.
As an early dev hire, you will be in a unique position to work on virtually all aspects of our product and have a strong voice in product and technology strategy. This position is a great opportunity for a smart and ambitious developer to advance their career and have a major impact on a large, important and clean project.
Skills & requirements
Formal Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical software development experience.
• At least 4 years of software development experience.
• Master of at least one scripting language (e.g., Ruby, Python, etc.).
• Proficient with SQL, relational databases and excellent data modeling skills.
• Familiarity with at least one frontend framework (e.g., Backbone, Angular, React, etc.).
• Experience with AWS, Docker and other “devops” technologies is a plus.
• Strong sense of UI/UX fundamentals.
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
• An understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
• Experience with front end development technologies like HTML5 and CSS3, and experience building responsive websites.
We’re an independent development team inside The NORDAM Group building a brand new public web service. The aerospace industry we’re modernizing has yet to fully benefit from the data revolution. We pride ourselves on our “startup” approach: we leverage modern technologies and methodologies and we prefer results over tradition. By being a totally separate unit in a large corporation, we benefit from its support and extensive business network, without all the downsides that come with software development at larger companies.