Senior Backend Engineer
This job offer is expired
CoinJar is one of Australia's fastest growing startups and a trusted market leader in the digital currency industry. We build consumer-friendly products with strong focus on security, scalability and usability.
Our Engineering Team is a product-oriented cross-functional team with capabilities in Product Management, Design, Frontend, Backend and Mobile. At CoinJar, you can expect to take ownership in projects from inception and influence the future product directions based on your expertise.
We are hiring a Senior Backend Engineer who will join our team to develop backend APIs and services. Our backend stack is primarily in Ruby, with some of the newer projects in Elixir.
- Design, implement and maintain external and internal APIs and services that are secure, reliable and scalable.
- Respond to bug reports and debug production issues across the entire platform.
- Work with other engineers, product manager and company management to deliver our product vision and roadmap.
- Share the responsibility of DevOps with the entire engineering team, including database maintenance and deployment.
- We are a team of creative and passionate people working to solve challenging engineering problems. We listen to customers, and ship code frequently.
- You'll get a laptop on your first day with your preferred configuration. We use macOS or Linux.
- We have a flexible hours system and you also have the option to work from home 0-2 days a week.
- We offer employee equity in addition to your base salary, with some of the most generous terms in the market.
- Fee-free trading on CoinJar!