Head of Development
This job offer is expired
4 years old and growth has never been stronger. With a Technology team now totalling 28 (and still more to come) and working across multiple projects and multiple languages, we have now reached the time to enhance our team even further by hiring a Head of Development.
As a technology focused business, both data and technology drive us forward and this role will play a key part in ensuring our success. Reporting to the CTO but having direct responsibility for the development team (both Front and Back End), we require a strong leader who can focus our developers on what needs to be done, but ensure we develop their careers and continue our strong TDD environment.
- Lead the in-house Back-End and Front-End development team (as well as a few remote developers).
- Work closely with the delivery manager to ensure that projects are split within the team to ensure completion and best practice.
- Maintain the platforms code base We have 96% test coverage and would like 100% - Be the guardian of this.
- Work closely with the CTO, Head of Software Architecture, Product Manager(s) and Programme Manager(s) to define, prioritise, plan and deliver what is required.
- Be the face of the tech team to the wider business, keeping them informed and engaged in development process and progress.
- As you will be working closely with the team you will also manage appraisals, salary reviews (alongside the CTO) and day to day workloads.
- Help expand our team work alongside the Head of Talent on building and strengthening the team at all opportunities.
Smart was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto enrolment. Our team spent over a year developing & testing the platform whilst also establishing the partnerships necessary to meet regulatory requirements and deliver a seamless end-to-end experience. With thousands of satisfied employers, advisers and employees now using the platform, we know we offer the best workplace pension solution currently available in the UK.
Our updated Recruitment Data Policy is here https://www.autoenrolment.co.uk/pdfs/careers/recru... Please click on the link if you have any questions about how we store your data or to know your rights.
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme. The company matches your contributions up to 5%.
- £500 personal training budget per year to spend on courses or conferences.
- Health Insurance (via Benenden).
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.