Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Interested in joining the ConsejoSano team? We're looking to bring on a full-time Senior Software Engineer for our Los Angeles office. To learn more, please send along your resume to email@example.com.
We are looking for a well-rounded and experienced Senior Engineer to provide technical and engineering leadership to the most promising venture-backed, health care technology start-up in Southern California. The Senior Engineer will assist in the development of software, work to push forward efforts for automation and process improvement in collaboration with Engineering leadership, and serve as a key middle player between operations and deployment. We have an ambitious product vision and are looking for the right person with a love for programming and process improvement to join our in-house technology team and support the common goal.
The right candidate will serve as a forward-thinking expert, contribute unique ideas for innovation to support the design and development of the product, and thrive in the start-up environment. An individual with Cloud application expertise and a user experience mindset will be a strong fit for the Senior Engineer role.
We are developing a product that has changed, and will continue to improve, the lives of our users. We have assembled a team of passionate and intelligent individuals who genuinely enjoy coming to work each day. As we look to the next 18 to 24 months and beyond, we are excited to build out our platform and find an ambitious technical lead to grow and learn with us along the way.
What you’ll actually DO:
- Assist in leading our engineering team as well as providing leadership in determining the strategy and direction of our entire software platform
- Contribute trusted expertise for the technical aspects of software implementations/integrations for our clients and partners
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the Engineering team in software development and implementation
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for complex engineering problems
- Report to the VP of Engineering and work closely to meet and exceed all current technical standards
- Provide clear, effective communication of objectives and issues as they arise
- Be seen as an approachable resource who facilitates knowledge sharing and encourages a culture of intellectual curiosity
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position
What you need to succeed:
- B.S. or M.S in a related Engineering discipline or Computer Science
- 7+ years of software development experience, specifically building scalable SaaS products and analytics systems
- Our engineers work on the entire tech stack for a large, cloud-based SaaS application and experience with most of the following technologies is required:
- Strong Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with Java Spring
- Experience with front end frameworks, preferably Angular or React, and REST APIs
- Strong experience with Git
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong TDD and Agile Development experience
- Experience with architecting and deploying applications on AWS
- Permanent U.S. citizenship (we are not sponsoring visas at this time)
We’d also love if you:
- Startup/small company experience with track record of developing high quality software
- Previous Health IT experience including exposure to hospital / health plan / health benefits systems
- Understanding of and experience developing HIPAA compliant products
Icing on the cake:
- Bilingual in Spanish or language other than English
- Prior experience in big-data analysis and understanding of machine-learning tools/natural language processing
- Desire to do hands-on engineering work and develop innovative solutions
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- A highly-driven and entrepreneurial spirit with a user-experience mindset, professional and positive approach, self-motivated, innovative, strong in building relationships, great at being a team player, and a dynamic and engaging demeanor
It’s all about the perks, right?:
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year and eight annual holidays with two additional flex holidays
- Superb medical/dental/vision benefits with significant contributions toward covering all dependents
- Competitive salary and equity
- Healthy snacks
- Sponsored team outings (we are in one of the coolest neighborhoods in all the land)
- The ability to truly have a positive impact on people who need it most
- The support of a highly dedicated team focused on building the future of health care
About Us:At ConsejoSano, we like to think of ourselves as constantly pushing the envelope to solve any number of issues for our users as they work to improve their own health. Our platform is used by our enterprise clients to enable patients to get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, and in the right way. We take pride in improving health outcomes through interacting with patients in revolutionary ways that are convenient to them and fit into their daily lives. With social determinants of health rapidly becoming an area of focus for our health care system, ConsejoSano is perfectly positioned to address these issues and use technology to scale our ability to help people live healthier lives.
ConsejoSano was started approximately three years ago and is headquartered in the NoHo Arts district of Los Angeles County. Our team includes nationally recognized serial entrepreneurs, physicians, nurses, and an incredible team of sales and operations professionals. We raised our Series A in January of 2017 and are supported by top tier investors and some of the most recognized names in health care.
How to apply
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org