← Back to all jobs
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
This job offer is expired
Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
It's simple. We have too many ideas. We want to try them all and add features to our existing products all while continuing to provide exceptional support to our growing customer base.
We're looking for Ruby on Rails developers to help expand our product line, improve our existing products and help build the next generation of Litmus tools.
A typical day for one of our developers might include working with our design team to figure out the best way to present a new feature to our customers, working with the .NET team to integrate a new API and working with customer support to squash bugs.
What is the hiring process like?
After receiving your application there a number of stages to our process:
- Initial interview. Learn more about Litmus and this role, and we learn a little more about you. This is via a video chat service like Zoom.us
- Sample project. A time-boxed exercise, around 4 hours, as an example of your best work given the scope and time constraints. The code, history & resume are anonymised, then passed to the hiring team for review.
- Follow-up interview. Also via a video chat service, you'll meet with two members of our team engineering team to discuss the sample project work, decisions made along the way, and other technical topics.
- Final round. Spend a day onsite working on extensions to your sample project at one of our offices, meet some of our engineering leaders & the rest of our Rails team!
What are you looking for in a candidate?
You should have a strong understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails, we won't limit to x years experience, but you should be able to impress us with your app building skills. We are interested in people who have strong product experience, people who have spent a lot of time sweating the details about what really matters to customers. We're happy to introduce you to the plethora of other technologies we use.
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match. 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote friendly culture. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.
Unfortunately, we don't work with recruiters at this time.
You may also like
Full Stack Ruby On Rails Developer Helpjuice
Full stack developer Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp)
Ruby on Rails Developer Redbooth
Principal Software Engineer Tenable, Inc.
Security Engineer for Rails & Enterprise SaaS Retail Zipline