Senior/Lead Software Engineer, Core Products
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 3.5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com andInVisionApp.com/blog.
You will contribute to an environment that enables you to do your best engineering work, and you’ll do it with new web standards and frameworks like ES6, React, MongoDB, Node.js, Go, and Docker. We empower engineers by being laser focused on maximum developer velocity through automation of tests, builds, deploys and tight customer feedback loop to continuously improve the product.
Building and shipping something this amazing and owning it from prototypes and specifications to release requires constant collaboration with the brightest people in the organization. Whether you’re at a beach house in Hawaii or a coffee shop on the East Coast, you’ll have the support of brilliant developers at your fingertips to get you through and keep the workday challenging and fun.
About the Team:
You’ll be working on one of the most difficult and yet most crucial projects for InVision’s future, helping to deliver a seamless and delightful experience to our Customers as we forge ahead into new territory.
- You're part of a small team that operates like a mini-startup - you’ll transition between front-end styling to client-side and server-side logic, write unit and functional tests, and verify before deploying
- You will be responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product, and you will work with Product Managers and Designers to determine the functionality, look, and feel
- You’ll build small, robust backend API services in GoLang that need to perform under load and deliver data pulled from large datasets
- You will frequently interface with other Product Engineering teams and Platform Service teams to take advantage of and incorporate their services and tools into your product
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge through blog posts and presentations
- 8+ years of full stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Strong proficiency preferably in either Node.js, or Golang or solid professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Java, Ruby, Python
- 5+ years of strong experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues. Not afraid of logs and core dumps
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level and ability to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and achieving personal goals through developer community involvement and contributions
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and leading less experiences engineers
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow