Backend Rails Developer
We are looking for a Ruby Developer with strong Rails experience to work on our growing eCommerce application. You should be comfortable working on Rails applications deployed to Heroku, writing tests, running tests, and writing object oriented programs.
We expect you to be able to both develop features to meet specifications and to develop specifications for features based on business needs.You’ll be working on improving and maintaining a website that gets more than 7 million monthly pageviews. Qualifications
We’re a fun, young company looking to create the most inspiring, creative, and profitable company in eCommerce. You should be ambitious, creative, curious, and hard-working. In this position you’ll be asked not only to deliver strong code, but to communicate frequently and efficiently.
We’re looking for an individual with strong experience in:
- Building Rails applications and maintaining them in a production environment.
- Designing and building Object Oriented systems and features in Ruby and writing tests in RSpec and Capybara to support those systems and features.
- Building or maintaining an eCommerce web application.
It would be a bonus if you have prior experience with:
- Deploying and scaling applications on Heroku’s infrastructure, as well as deploying and upgrading add-ons, such as Heroku Postgres.
- SCSS & CSS
- Building dynamic, interactive UI using React and Redux.
- Maintaining or building a Spree/Solidus application.
We’d be thrilled to hear:
- You spend weekends in Yosemite.
- You really took “Practical Object Oriented Programming in Ruby” to heart.
- You’ve contributed to major open source Ruby projects such as Rails, Sidekiq, Spree, or many
You should be able to work with git, GitHub, and be able to collaborate with a small team of developers. We use Trello and email for team organization and task prioritization. Day to Day You Will:
- Design systems and implement new features to assist our customers, warehouse team, and brands team.
- Work with internal teams to evaluate and improve both new and existing systems.
- Utilize tests, continuous integration tools, and static analyzers to help produce high quality software.
When applying, please include the following:
- Your availability, including when you can start and how many hours you can devote per week.
- Examples of Ruby you’ve written.
- A link your GitHub profile, if you have one.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Bonus: Links to any websites you’ve developed in production, and links to source code for any Rails projects you’ve developed.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow