Test Automation Engineer
This job offer is expired
This position is remote based.GitLab is looking for a motivated and experienced engineer to help grow our test automation efforts across the entire GitLab ecosystem. This is a key position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for high quality software, strong engineering principles and methodical problem solving skills.
- Expand our existing test automation framework
- Develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo replication, CI/CD, and load balancing
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability and maintainability. You should know about clean code, the test pyramid and champion these concepts.
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality.
- Ensure that automated tests execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments.
- Ensure test results are tracked and communicated in a timely and effective manner
- Strong experience developing in Ruby
- Strong experience using Git
- Experience with test automation tools like Capybara, Selenium
- Relevant internship or work experience in software development and/or test automation
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with AWS or Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Recruiting team (reviewed by the Automation team)
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute first interview with the Engineering Manager, Quality.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 1 hour technical interview with the Edge Team Lead
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third 45 minute interview with our VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may schedule a 50 minute interview with our CEO