Ruby On Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
AutoAccessoriesGarage.com is a growing e-commerce company specializing in selling automotive parts and accessories. We're built upon a firm understanding of both the industry and the developing technologies that drive the e-commerce shopping experience. We take pride in our streamlined workflow, agile development, creative approaches, and entrepreneurial spirit.
As a company we believe that a small team of forward thinkers with the right drive and focus can outperform a bloated, hierarchy-driven corporation. Our workflow relies on constant communication, efficient tactics, and always questioning if there is a better way to do things. We trust each other to take the reins and follow through confidently with our individual tasks as well as join together and tackle big-picture problems.
We offer a relaxed working environment in addition to 401k with matching contribution, medical, dental, and vision benefits for full time employees.
You will work in our Chicago office (Wicker Park / Bucktown). We will also consider remote workers in the Seattle area, where our lead developer lives.
We are seeking a bright and energetic Ruby On Rails Developer to join our team. This position plays a critical role in building and maintaining the systems that support, and create a top-notch shopping experience. The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills, and is comfortable in a fast-paced development and deployment cycle.
On an average week, you will:
- Develop and enhance our internal/external software systems; improving the overall experience for both our customers and our internal marketing, data, and customer service teams
- Work as a team with senior developer and IT team to build elegant solutions to complex problems
- Be involved in all phases of launch cycle, start-to-finish
Recent Projects You Would Have Collaborated On:
- React JS shopping cart that customer and call center agents can simultaneously connect to and see each others' updates
- Migrating advanced site functionality to Rails Engines to make it available to other applications
- Exit Intent and Cart Abandon widget that analyzes customer behavior, offering on-screen and follow-up email incentives
- Order Management System product editing, refund and upcharge tools and workflow
- Product data bulk upload and editing
- Automated JSON and XML API communication with our suppliers, for placing and tracking orders
- Content management system with WYSIWYG editing
- Product Review submission pages with photo upload feature
We need someone with:
- At least 3 years experience programming professionally, preferably in Ruby on Rails or a similar framework
- Experience writing beautifully elegant code in Ruby On Rails
- Strong familiarity with SQL, including parameterized queries, subqueries, table joins; PostgreSQL or MySQL experience preferred
- Preference for Unix/Linux as a development and production environment
- Experience with git or a similar version control system
- Optionally knows a bit about business practices or bookkeeping terminology. If you've had a business class or two in uni, that's a big win
- Web Services, REST, SOAP, and general API experience is a huge plus, as we're doing increasing amounts of automated communications with vendors and partners
We are looking for someone who:
- Is detail-oriented, possessing superior problem solving skills
- Has good time management skills and is able to shift priorities
- Is accustomed to, and prefers a small team environment
- Takes joy in learning new technologies
- Doesn't think he/she is above sweeping up or taking out the trash once in a while
- Is a reliable, humble, and generally awesome person