VP of Engineering
This job offer is expired
The Engineering team at Mack Weldon is reinventing the buying experience for the category with a best-in-class shopping experience on mobile and web. We are looking for a hands-on VP of Engineering to set and implement a technological and product vision.
We are a Ruby on Rails application written on the Spree eCommerce platform. We have a minimal stack comprised of Rails, MySQL, Redis, AWS buckets, Cloudfront, and a few auxiliary services. We use Marionette/Backbone JS, HAML, SASS and are hosted on Heroku. We use several great tools for continuous integration, exception monitoring, and system monitoring. We also have integrations with Avalara, Braintree, Quiet Logistics, Qubit, SailThru, EasyPost, Amazon, Analytics platforms and Desk. We believe this is the best approach for building an animation rich, mobile first experience that makes buying underwear simpler than checking your bank account balance.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A STRONG TECHNICAL LEADER WHO
- Has a passion for partnering with the business to drive technical direction and context within a growing Engineering team.
- Is eager to create a culture of mentorship and thought leadership within Engineering.
- Is flexible, collaborative and forward thinking.
- Has experience in eCommerce or another high availability, scalable industry.
- Is located in NYC or willing to relocate to NYC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO EVERY DAY
- Be responsible for the database architecture.
- Be in charge of network operations.
- Ensure site structure for scalability.
- Work with our marketing and product teams to define new features and build new buy path flows, landing pages, navigation, internal tools and e-commerce functionality.
- Partner with our design team to execute a high-quality user experience and brand identity.
- Help scale our architecture and improve site performance
- Deploy code to production daily
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Extensive experience working with Ruby in a TDD or tested environment
- Full-stack development
- Caching and Scalability in a full stack web application.
- Experience with payment integration, web security, and analytics
- Exposure to any of Spree/Solidus, Resque (or similar), Rspec and Capybara.
- Exposure to C or C-derivative language.
WHO YOU ARE
- Collaborative – Let’s be honest: engineers aren’t the best marketers and marketers aren’t the best merchants. That’s why we all work together and prefer people who think as “we” not “I”.
- Passionate – Despite offering flexible hours and an open vacation policy, people keep showing up early and staying late. Why? We believe in what we’re building - and have a ton of fun doing it.
- Results-Oriented - We’re a data-driven company. We’re big on testing, optimizing, and learning from the past—that applies to everything from the products we make to how we market them.
- Self-Starter - While we’ve grown quickly, we’re still a small team. That means everyone wears multiple hats, acts like an owner, and believes that no task isn’t worth pouring your heart into.
- Tech-Savvy - We sell online. We acquire customers online. We maintain relationships online. And we need people who can navigate the ever-changing terrain of the digital landscape.
- Laid Back - We work hard, but enough about that. We’ve also got a fridge full of beer, a kitchen full of snacks, and don’t be surprised if you find a nerf dart (or 10) stuck to your computer screen.
- World-class insurance – Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy – Unlimited vacation and sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary – Compensation includes a competitive salary and employee stock options
- Great location – Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear – Free new product launches and year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks – Fully stocked office fridge and pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour – Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, and a spread of tasty treats
Similar job offers in your area
New York, NY, USJuly 11
Software Engineer, Product Code ClimateNew York, NY, USJune 25
Senior Rails Developer / Team Lead Institutional Capital NetworkNew York, NY, USJune 15
Software Architect The Expert InstituteNew York, NY, USMay 25
Full Stack Software Engineer Care/ofNew York, NY, USMay 23