This job offer is expired
The American Physical Society, a leading publisher of scientific journals, based in Suffolk County, LI, seeks a software developer. If you have strong experience building applications for the web and have a passion for sharing new and better ways to build software, we'd like to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small team using the latest technologies to build applications used by authors, reviewers, and staff to support editorial and peer review processes. The developer is expected to have a strong web development background, preferably with the ability to work full stack (backend, front-end, API and service layers).
We’re a group who happily share knowledge and value other ideas, while working in a bright, modern office with a friendly atmosphere and flat hierarchies.
We will challenge you with interesting work while providing you with a collaborative culture in a fast paced environment. Our staff is encouraged to attend industry conferences and we are constantly playing with new tools and use all the latest and greatest technologies, affording you the capability to impact all aspects of your projects.
You must have excellent English communication skills, be a problem solver and a team player, and be results oriented.
Other incentives for working at APS are great pay, great benefits, generous 403(b), fun company events, commuter benefits, and 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Advanced level programming experience building full stack web applications. We currently utilize Clojure, Rails/Ruby, Clojurescript/re-frame, React
- Experience with writing well designed, maintainable code using test/behavior driven development.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (We currently utilize PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, etc.).
- Strong unix skills (Linux and/or Mac OS X preferred)
- Experience with Git or a similar version control system
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service providers
- Knowledge/experience with distributed processes, event sourcing, CQRS, Kafka and/or similar
- Knowledge/Experience/interest in building reactive applications over WebSockets/SSE
- Experience with functional programming in a language like clojure (lisp) or similar
- Experience with search engines (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, etc.)
- Experience using provisioning/orchestration/deployments technologies like Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with JRuby and Java integration
To apply please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If possible, please also provide code samples and URL's of previous applications you've developed. Candidates who provide links to their GitHub profiles or personal websites with technical articles and/or code samples will receive priority.